Our last challenge of the year at Crafters Café and it’s all about Christmas or using red, green and white on your card. If you are still making holiday cards, then this is the card to CASE! It really doesn’t get easier than this one, folks. I’m a little overwhelmed at the moment so this card is as “clean as simple” as I get. I absolutely love this large sentiment from Carols of Christmas (and comes with coordinating thinlits that you don’t want to miss out on). The Candy Frame digital image from Eureka was the perfect border for it!
THEME: ANYTHING CHRISTMAS/ OR USE RED GREEN AND WHITE
It’s All in the Details
- Card Base: Old Olive – cut at 6″ x 9″, scored at 4 1/2″
- The digital image was sized and printed onto Shimmery White cardstock (sure wish you could see it sparkle!)
- I colored the candy in Real Red and Old Olive watercolor pencils. The red didn’t really come through and looked more like Calypso Coral so I just went with that. Not a true red but I like it!
- Once I was satisfied with coloring the candy, I covered the peppermints with Fine Tip Glue to give them a glossy look and feel. I set it aside to dry.
- After it was completely dry, I cut it to 4″ x 5 1/4″, then cut Calypso Coral cardstock to layer behind it.
- Calypso Coral 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon was wrapped and secured to the back, then a triple loop bow was made. After securing to the card base, a couple of snowflake embellishments from my stash were glued down with glue dots.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Carols of Christmas
- Paper: Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Shimmery White
- Ink: Old Olive
- SU Tools: Watercolor Pencils, Fine Tip Glue Pen
- Finishing Touch: Calypso Coral 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon, Snowflake Embellishments (retired)
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Crafters Café and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Crafters Café Guidelines:
- Our challenges run bi-monthly – 1st and 15th of each month
- Follow the Crafter’s Café Challenge Blog
- Your creation must be new – no back-linking to previous posts
- Please adhere to the theme. If the theme is not recognizable, you won’t be included in the prizes or top 3
- You MUST link your entry to your blog post or gallery (not your entire blog) AND link your post to our blog
- You can enter up to three (3) cards for each challenge
- You may enter up to 10 challenges including ours, so that is 9 + us
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products