Happy Friday! We made it!! I’m bringing a card to you that I really loved making. It may be a little early in the year to be thinking of flowers but I sure am looking to signs of it right about now, aren’t you? This card uses one of the prettiest flower stamps from Birthday Blooms that I watercolored with WaterColor Pencils. I am definitely not good at coloring so I’m sure that you will do a much better job!
It’s All in the Details
- Card Dimensions:
- Pear Pizzazz card base: 4 1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″
- Calypso Coral: 4 3/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Petal Garden DSP: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- The floral stamp was inked in Smoky Slate, then colored with watercolor pencils. Once I was satisfied and afraid of messing it up if I tried any longer, I cut it with the Layering Circle Framelit. Next, I cut the Wood Textures DSP with the next largest Framelit.
- The sentiment from Colorful Seasons was inked in Early Espresso and cut out with the banner from Bunches of Banners Framelits. Then, I found a pretty DSP from the Petal Garden stack to cut into a banner with the Banner Triple Punch on one end to layer underneath the sentiment.
- I ran the background DSP from Petal Garden through the Big Shot in the Quilt Top TIEF, then layered it onto Calypso Coral cardstock. Both were adhered to the Pear Pizzazz card base.
- The floral image was popped up onto the wood circle and both were adhered to the card base.
- The sentiment banner was popped up with dimensionals onto the banner, then both were adhered to the card base.
- The Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Baker’s Twine was such a close match to the DSP that I decided to use it for the bow. Silver Mini Sequin Trim was thread through the bow.
- The Finishing Touch was adding a few rhinestones and a little silver gel pen to the center of the flower.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Birthday Blooms, Colorful Seasons
- Paper: Wood Textures DSP Stack, Petal Garden Card Pack, Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral
- Ink: Smoky Slate, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz
- SU Tools: Watercolor Pencils, Layering Circle Framelits, Bunch of Banners Framelits, Banner Triple Punch, Quilt Top TIEF, Uniball Silver Gel Pen
- Finishing Touch: Rhinestones, Silver Mini Sequin Trim, Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Baker’s Twine
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Aud Sentiments: Anything Goes
- Sunny Day Crafting: D is for Daisy (or Other Flower)
- Simon Says Wednesday: Layer It Up
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products