I have a card today that I made for my new daughter-in-law for her 24th birthday. She is such a blessing to our family. I am still trying to figure out her “taste” in cards, so I’m not quite sure this one hit the mark. In making this card, I drew on the outdoor wedding plans that she made using rustic centerpieces, Mason jars, and the deep red/burgundy color in the bridal party and floral arrangements. So, I pulled out the Jar of Love first, then used sentiments from the new Perennial Birthday and Rose Wonder. Then, I opened up the brand new Lots of Happy Card Kit and loved the beautiful images that were all ready to color. What fun!! I can’t wait to play with the whole kit! How do you choose the elements for a card when making a card for a loved one?
It’s All in the Details
- This card is 5 3/4″ x 10 1/2″ and scored at 5 3/4″.
- After stamping and cutting the jar from Jar of Love, I found the perfect “bouquet” in the brand new card kit, Lots of Happy. What a great way to make a quick card! I colored the flowers using Stampin’ Blends. Then, you know me, it had to look real, so I cut a slit into the jar so I could thread the stems through. After that was all secured with adhesive, I wound Whisper White Baker’s Twine around the jar and tied a little bow.
- The oval, wreath and the leaf under the sentiment were from my stash of unused stuff. I just had to make the Cherry Cobbler bow and the sentiment.
- If this card had been for someone else, I would have added bling because you know how much I love it! Alas, Farah doesn’t, so I bit my lip and left it off. 😉
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Perennial Birthday, Jar of Love, Rose Wonder
- Paper: Garden Green, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand
- Ink: Sahara Sand, Old Olive
- SU Tools: Lots of Happy Card Kit, Stampin’ Blends, Petals & More Thinlits, Everyday Jars Framelits, Swirly Scribbles, Flourish Thinlits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Brick Wall TIEF, Pinewood Planks Dynamic TIEF
- Finishing Touch: Whisper White Baker’s Twine, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- As You Like It Challenge: Anything Goes
- Moving Along with the Times: Flowers
- Seize the Birthday: Birthday + Anything Goes
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products