I have to pinch myself because I was recently asked to join the wonderful design team for Cardz 4 Galz! I have really enjoyed playing along with their challenges recently so this is quite an honor. My very first challenge with them is “Anything BUT Square”. They assured me that a rectangle is NOT a square so I stuck with my A6ish size so as to not embarrass myself too much for my first challenge. 😉 This card uses the brand new Petal Palette stamp set, which is part of the Petal Passion suite of products. If you follow me even occasionally (and if you don’t now, I hope you will!), you will know that I have a very real passion for my feathered friends, so this was the very first item on my order for the new Stampin’ Up! catalog.
It’s All in the Details
- Card Base: 4 1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″
- The gorgeous patterned designer paper was cut and colored with Stampin’ Blends. I love this DSP because you can color – or not – to make it match whatever you wish. I chose to color just a few flowers and then the space between the flowers to look like sky.
- The bird was stamped with Memento Black ink and colored with Pool Party Stampin’ Blends as well, then cropped with the coordinating thinlits.
- The largest of Lots of Layers Framelit was used to cut Whisper White cardstock, then stamped with the dots stamp from Petal Palette. After that, I used the Pinewood Plank TIEF to dry emboss the cardstock. I stamped the flowers and cropped them out. Then, the branch from Seasonal Layers was cropped with Basic Black cardstock. A small piece of Old Olive Mini Chevron ribbon was wrapped and adhered to the back. All of the elements were adhered to the framelit, then popped up with dimensionals onto the floral layer.
- The Finishing Touch was adding the Silver Metallic Enamel Shapes.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Petal Palette, Super Duper
- Paper: Petal Passion DSP, Pool Party, Pink Pirouette, Basic Black
- Ink: Memento Black, Pink Pirouette, Old Olive
- SU Tools: Petals & More Thinlits, Pinewood Planks TIEF, Lots of Labels Framelits, Stampin’ Blends: Pool Party, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette
- Finishing Touch: Old Olive 3/8″ Mini Chevron Ribbon, Metallic Enamel Shapes
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Animal Friends Challenge: New Beginning (Birthday)
- Classic Design Team Challenge Blog: Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Birds of a Feather
- Projects can be anything paper-crafting-related– a card, a tag, a scrapbook page, altered art, any paper crafted creation, as long as it fits the theme of the challenge. To be considered for the winner’s badge, the theme of the challenge must be prominent in your project.
- Post a link back to Cardz 4 Galz, and mention the challenge you have entered.
- Enter as many other challenges as you like.
- You may enter up to three entries per challenge.
- Please directly link your blog post and not just to your blog.
- Please turn off Word Verification. Instructions are in our tab bar above if you don’t know how, you will find instructions on the Tab Bar.
- If we are required to sign into any forum or group to comment, we will not do so. If we can view without signing in, you will be eligible for winning our Top Winner spots.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products