It’s our very first challenge of the year for Retro Rubber! Woohoo!! I am so happy to be back playing with my treasured “retro” stamps! I am working on getting cards made for the events I have coming up soon, so this wedding card, made with the sentiment from Happy Notes, was my first card of the year. Pairing it with a brand new die cut from Tutti Designs and the beautiful Layered Leaves dynamic embossing folder. Happy Notes first came out in the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog and retired last year. This challenge is perfect for so many types of occasions, so go see what the design team did with it as well.
It’s All in the Details
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock, cut at 5 3/4″ x 9 1/2″ and scored at 4 3/4″.
- Using the die cut from Tutti Designs, I cut two of the dove images. I adhered them together and curled the wings of the top wings of the doves with a bone folder.
- The sentiment from Happy Notes was inked in VersaMark and heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder. Then, it was cropped, using the large Stitched Shapes Oval Framelit. Brushed Silver cardstock, cut with the scalloped Oval Framelit, layers the sentiment.
- The last detail was cutting the Whisper White cardstock, dry embossing it in the Layering Leaves dynamic embossing folder, then layering it on top of more Brushed Silver cardstock. Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon was wrapped around the layers and adhered to the back, then the panel was adhered to the card base. The sentiment was popped up with dimensionals as well as the doves.
- INSIDE: For the inside, I couldn’t resist using the sentiment from Ribbon of Courage (perfect for comtemplating marriage, right?) that came out in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog, which I cut with the Gina Marie Designs’ Wine Label Die Cut and layered onto Brushed Silver cardstock.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Ribbon of Courage, Happy Notes
- Paper: Whisper White Thick Cardstock, Brushed Silver Cardstock
- Ink: VersaMark
- SU Tools: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Layering Leaves Dynamic TIEF, Silver Embossing Powder, Bone Folder, Tutti Designs Doves and Rings Die Cut, Gina Marie Designs Wine Label Die Cut
- Finishing Touch: 3/8″ Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- International Art & Soul Challenge: White on White
- Penny Black & More Challenge: January – Something New
- Sweet Stampin’: Lots of Layers
- Use Your Stuff: Monochromatic
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, January 26th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year anddescribe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligibleas one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products