It’s time for another challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters and Marsha has a fun challenge for us: Dashing through the Snow (Build a snowman, create a snowy scene, just make sure you use snow.) I have always loved the Snow Much Fun stamp set so it will always have a spot in my stamp stash. I haven’t used it in a little while so I had to bring it out for some inky time. To create a fun scene around that cute snowman, I brought out Happy Scenes and Lovely as a Tree. This card is going to my daughter who is very busy at school and hasn’t been able to come home, so hopefully this card will let her know how much we love and miss her!
It’s All in the Details
- Card Dimensions:
- Whisper White Card Base: 6 1/4″ x 10″ and scored at 5″
- DSP: 4 7/8″ x 6 1/8″
- Pool Party: 4 1/2″ x 5 3/4″
- Image Whisper White: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- The snowman was stamped, colored and fussy cut. The tree from Lovely as a Tree was stamped in Basic Gray ink, then cropped with the coordinating die from Dies by Dave.
- The snowman and trees from Happy Scenes were inked with Memento Black ink, then dry embossed in the Softly Falling embossing folder. They were layered and adhered together onto the card base.
- Whisper White cardstock became a wonderful snow bank with a stitched border die from Gina Marie Designs. Then, the cropped out snowman was adhered on top.
- The sentiment was stamped onto Pool Party cardstock and cropped with the banner. A snowflake was cropped and colored with Wink of Stella before being adhered to the card base with the sentiment adhered on top.
- The Finishing Touch was applying Nuvo Gloss White Crystal Drops to the trees and snowman.
- DSP was cut and adhered, then Whisper White on top. The sentiment and snowball image were inked in Memento Black ink, then three snowflakes with a black rhinestone adhered around the sentiment.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Snow Much Fun, Happy Scenes, Lovely as a Tree, Ribbon of Courage
- Paper: Merry Little Christmas DSP, Pool Party
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Gray Archival
- SU Tools: Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Bunches of Banners Framelits, Softly Falling TIEF, Stampin Blends: Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Stampin’ Blendabilities: Soft Sky; Non-SU Supplies: Dies by Dave: Lovely as a Tree Die Cuts, Gina Marie Designs Stitched Border Die Cuts, Nuvo White Gloss Crystal Drops
- Finishing Touch: Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen, Frosted Sequin Embellishments, Black Rhinestone Jewels
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Addicted to Stamps: Baby, It’s Cold Outside
- Pattie’s Creations Challenge: Fun in the Snow
- Cardz 4 Guyz: January Blues
- Die Cuttin’ Diva’s: Snowflakes
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at the Sisterhood of Crafters, then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Rules for the Sisterhood Challenges
- No back-linking … only new creations.
- Three (3) entry limit.
- You can share with as many other challenges as you’d like.
- Must follow the challenge theme to qualify for the prize (when one is available).
- Direct link to your challenge entry … not your entire blog.
- Link back to our challenge in your blog post.
- We would really appreciate it if you would turn OFF the word verification. Most of all … HAVE FUN!!
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products