It’s time for another challenge at Retro Rubber, and I really think you will have fun with this one. I sure did! Can you see the items in the inspiration photo that I used in my card? Let’s see… I pulled the heart from Sure Do Love You, the pink stripes and floral patterned paper from the retired Birthday Bouquet DSP, the gold accents with gold foil paper and the overall Blushing Bride color. I also used a new die cut from Simon Says Stamps for the “love”. The “You” was from Botanicals for You, the Sale-A-Bration stamp set from last year, and I actually cut it from the stamp to make sure it would stamp well. Yep, I had to use some old nursing skills but the “patient” lived and I am very happy with the results.
It’s All in the Details
- Card Dimensions: Blushing Bride Card Base: 4 1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″
- Background layer: Floral pattern paper from Birthday Bouquet DSP and Gold Foil Paper
- Pink Stripe pattern paper from Birthday Bouquet DSP layered onto Blushing Bride
- The heart from Sure Do Love You was inked up in Blushing Bride and then cropped with the coordinating heart from Lots to Love Box Framelits. Then, the Simon Says Die Cut was cropped and layered together then adhered to the top of the heart.
- Once I had cut the You off of the stamp set, I inked it up with VersaMark and heat embossed with Gold embossing powder. Using a scallop oval framelit, I cropped it out with the Big Shot.
- The gold foil die cuts from the Petal Garden Memories & More Card Pack were laying on my craft table while I was making this card. I decided they would be an interesting addition! The Finishing Touch was adding a few Gold Metallic Enamel Shapes.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Sure Do Love You, Botanicals for You, Epic Celebrations
- Paper: Birthday Bouquet DSP, Gold Foil Sheets, Blushing Bride
- Ink: Blushing Bride, VersaMark
- SU Tools: Lots to Love Box Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Simon Says Stamps Love Die Cuts
- Finishing Touch: Petal Garden Memories & More Card Pack, Gold Metallic Enamel Shapes
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Allsorts Challenge Bog: Old Favourites (I used one of my favorite retired designer papers that I have been hoarding!)
- Creative Knockouts Challenge: Finish the Inside
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge: Valentines/Love
- The Crazy Challenge: Love
- The Rubber Buggy Challenge: Valentines, Love, Wedding, Anniversary
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, February 9th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products