Welcome, Crafters, to the first challenge of 2018! I really hope you all are getting geared up to play again because we have some fantastic challenges for you! Our new challenge for you is “LOTS OF BLING”. Our prizes are wonderful so I hope you are excited to play along! Since we are deep into winter here in Michigan, my cute snowman was so much fun to make. Finding strictly winter stamp sets to pair with him was just a little challenging but my retired stamp stash came to the rescue with Best of Snow for the sentiment on the front and Snow Place for the inside. The cute bird from Swirly Bird was perfect, not too big and not too small – it was juuust right 😉
Four Sponsors for this Challenge.
Prize: Same as Design Team has used.
Prize: 3 Images
|Prize: £9/$15USD digi voucher|
Prize – $10.00 voucher for images (does not include digital papers)
It’s All in the Details
- The card base from Night of Navy cardstock measures 5 3/4″ x 10 1/2″ and scored at 5 3/4″.
- The image was downloaded, sized for my card front and printed. Then, I colored the image with Stampin’ Blends, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate and Pumpkin Pie.
- Once I was happy with coloring (but am I ever really happy with that??), I ran it through the Big Shot in the Softly Falling TIEF, sanded it down just a bit and colored the “snow” with Wink of Stella Brush Pen. Then, I layered it onto the Brushed Silver cardstock.
- The branch from Seasonal Layers Thinlits was cut in Crumb Cake cardstock, then using the edge of a coffee stirrer (yep, nothing is above being used in my craft room!) I added Glossy white acrylic paint to look like snow. You might be not able to see it well in the photo, but I like it anyway. 😉
- I looked through my stamps for a bird that was just the right size and found it in Swirly Bird. I inked up my feathered friend in Night of Navy and fussy cut him out.
- The sentiment from Best of Snow was inked in VersaMark, then heat embossed with Silver embossing powder. Then, it was punched out with the Label Bracket Punch.
- I wrapped the wonderful Smoky Slate Gingham Ribbon around and adhered to the back of the layers, and secured it all to the card base.
- The branch (now dry) was adhered to the card base, bird perched onto the branch with glue, and the sentiment was popped up with dimensionals. The finishing touch was a small rhinestone added to center of the snowflake and added Clear Wink of Stella over both branches and the snowman’s nose and star.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Swirly Bird, Best of Snow, Snow Place
- Paper: Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate, Brushed Silver Cardstock
- Ink: VersaMark, Night of Navy
- SU Tools: Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Softly Falling TIEF, Label Bracket Punch, Stampin’ Blends (Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie), Wink of Stella Brush Pen, Silver Embossing Powder, Non-SU: Glossy white acrylic paint
- Finishing Touch: Smoky Slate 1/2″ Gingham Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Allsorts Challenge Blog: No Patterned Paper
- Angie’s Digital Stamps: Anything Goes
- DL ART Thankful Thursday Challenge Blog: “Winter”
- Moo-Mania & More: Frosty Winter
- That’s Crafty! Challenge Blog: Feeling Blue
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Crafters Café and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Crafters Café Guidelines:
- Our challenges run bi-monthly – 1st and 15th of each month
- Follow the Crafter’s Café Challenge Blog
- Your creation must be new – no back-linking to previous posts
- Please adhere to the theme. If the theme is not recognizable, you won’t be included in the prizes or top 3
- You MUST link your entry to your blog post or gallery (not your entire blog) AND link your post to our blog
- You can enter up to three (3) cards for each challenge
- You may enter up to 10 challenges including ours, so that is 9 + us
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products