We had such a great gallery in our last Retro Rubber challenge, celebrating love with an inspirational photo. Thank you to those who played with us! We are now on to our next fun challenge – Dots or Circles. We hope you will show one of your older stamps some love and play along! I needed to make a baby card for a dear friend, having a baby after a 10 year hiatus. 🙂 She had a little boy – her third – so I found a great designer paper from the brand new DSP stack, Picture Perfect Party in the Occasions Catalog. It went perfectly with Celebrate Today, which debuted in the 2015 Occasions Catalog and made it into the Annual Catalog but retired with our current catalog. For the inside of the card, I used Moon Baby, which we first saw in the 2017 Occasions Catalog and is currently still available in the Annual Catalog.
It’s All in the Details
- Card Dimensions: 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- First, the balloons were cut and stamped with Pool Party. Then, the bow and streamer were inked up and cut with the coordinating framelits.
- The sentiment was inked in Bermuda Bay and cropped with a stitched rectangle die cut.
- Once the background panels were cut, the Whisper White cardstock was dry embossed in the Polka Dot embossing folder, then the panels were adhered together. A small panel with DSP and Bermuda Bay were adhered together.
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon was wrapped around both panels with ends tied into a knot and the entire panel was adhered to the Pool Party card base.
- Once the balloons were put together, they were popped up with dimensionals onto the card base. Lastly, the sentiment was adhered to the card base with dimensionals.
- I stamped the sentiment and adorable stuffed animal images, then colored them with Stampin’ Blends.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Celebrate Today, Moon Baby
- Paper: Picture Perfect Party DSP, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay
- Ink: Pool Party, Bermuda Bay
- SU Tools: Balloon Framelits, Perfect Polka Dots TIEF, Non-SU: Stitched Rectangle Die Cuts
- Finishing Touch: Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- International Art & Soul: Texture
- As You Like It Challenge: Stitching (I am most definitely in love with Faux Stitching. I don’t have a sewing machine and am certainly sewing-challenged!)
- Make My Monday: Going Around in Circles
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, February 23rd.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products