I hope you all are getting a touch of Spring weather like we are in Michigan! The snow is off the ground although it will take a while for the huge snow piles to disappear. The sun is out as I am writing this and it’s wonderful! 😀 Now, Retro Rubber has a new challenge and it will inspire you to make beautiful cards from your much-loved stamps that are over a year old. Mine started with Moroccan Nights stamp set, which I excitedly bought when it came out in the 2016 Annual Catalog. The sentiment was perfect for this card and came from Pop of Paradise stamp set, which also debuted in the 2016 Annual Catalog and is still available. I found a die cut that coordinated with it from Dies by Dave and just had to get it – you know me and my tools!! LOL
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Moroccan Nights, Pop of Paradise
- Paper: Eastern Palace Specialty DSP, Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst
- Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst, Dapper Denim
- SU Tools: Eastern Medallions Thinlits, Petals & More Thinlits, Layering Circles Framelits, Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits, Non-SU: Tattered Lace Severn Decorative Labels, Dies by Dave Framelits
- Finishing Touch: Lemon Lime Twist Finely Woven Ribbon, Brights Enamel Shapes, Basic Pearls
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- International Art & Soul: Use Stuff You Already Own (what a great challenge for this card since I have owned this stamp set for over a year and a half and not used it much. The non-SU dies have been in my collection and never used as well!)
- Cut It Up: Anything Goes
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, March 9th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products