I have a week off from design team obligations, which has given me the liberty to play with a rather new challenge blog, Inspire.Create.Challenges. I loved this week’s color challenge and so I decided to give it a go when I found just a bit of time to play in my craft room. The colors are wonderfully bright and cheerful so I turned to the new Party Pandas Stamp Set to make a fun birthday card.
It’s All in the Details
- Card Dimensions:
- Bermuda Bay Card Base: 8 3/4 x 5 1/2 and scored at 4 3/8
- Whisper White Background Layer: 4 x 5 1/4
- Bubbles & Fizz DSP: 3 7/8 x 5 1/8
- The card began by stamping the adorable panda onto Whisper White and cropping him out with Gina Marie Designs In & Out Cut Stud Dot Rectangles
- The DSP was cut and run through the Big Shot in the Festive TIEF, then adhered to the Whisper White cardstock. Melon Mambo Stitched Satin Ribbon (retired) and brand new Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Shimmer Ribbon from the Sale-A-Bration brochure were wrapped around the background layers, then they were adhered to the card base.
- I stamped the “Hooray” stamp from Confetti Celebration, then cropped it out with the 2″ Circle Punch, then layered it onto Melon Mambo cardstock cut with the Starburst Punch.
- The balloon was made by punching it from the Balloon Bouquet Punch out of the DSP, curled it with the McGill Paper Blossom tool, then popped it up on a dimensional.
- The “Happy Birthday” sentiment was inked up in Bermuda Bay and cropped out with the Classic Label Punch, then adhered to the “Hooray” sentiment. I decided that the “Hooray” needed a little something so I cut out two ribbons from the Cupcake Cutouts Thinlits. Then, they were adhered to the sentiment and popped up with dimensionals onto the card base.
- The Finishing Touch was adding Daffodil Delight Enamel Dots.
- The sentiment was inked up with Bermuda Bay, then the Panda was stamped. The cute little party hat was colored with Melon Mambo and Daffodil Stampin’ Markers.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Party Pandas, Confetti Celebration
- Paper: Bubbles & Fizz DSP, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight
- Ink: Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Memento Tuxedo Black
- SU Tools: Cupcake Cutouts Thinlits, Festive TIEF, 2″ Circle Punch, Starburst Punch, Balloon Bouquet Punch, Classic Label Punch, Daffodil Delight Marker, Melon Mambo Marker; Non-SU: Gina Marie Designs In & Out Cut Stud Dot Rectangle Dies, McGill Paper Blossom Tool Kit
- Finishing Touch: Melon Mambo 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon, Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Shimmer Ribbon (SAB), Brights Enamel Shapes
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Inspite.Create Challenges: Color Challenge
- International Art & Soul: Texture
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies: Anything Goes
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products