Welcome back to my second post with the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge Blog! We have a great challenge for you and after seeing all of the beautiful cards you made for our last one, I know you are more than ready. The talented host, Helen, has chosen for us all to “Think Pink” and the Design Team has some gorgeous cards to inspire you! I chose to use the Perennial Birthday stamp set, which goes with the Perennial Birthday Project Kit in the new Occasions catalog. My card is a little difficult to photograph because of the gold foil but I really like how it turned out. The Painted with Love DSP is gorgeous! I will be buying more of this one! 🙂
It’s All in the Details
- Card dimensions:
- Fresh Fig card base: 5 1/2 x 9, scored at 4 1/2
- Whisper White: 4 1/4 x 5 1/4
- Painted with Love: 4 1/8 x 5 1/8
- I used the Quilted Top Embossing Folder to dry emboss Painted with Love DSP.
- Stampin’ Markers inked up the flower stamps, then Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pens carried the colors through the leaves and flower buds. Then, they were cropped out with the Stitched Framelit, which was layered onto Melon Mambo cardstock cut with the scallop Circle Framelit as well as Gold Foil Layering Circle Framelit. Two flowers were inked and fussy cut to layer over the rest with dimensionals.
- The sentiment was stamped in Fresh Fig and the flower was inked up with markers. Then, they were cropped out with Stitched Banners from Fresh Fig and Gold Foil.
- Ribbon was cut and adhered to the background layers. A bow was made from the Rich Razzleberry Stitched-Edge Ribbon.
- The Banners were adhered to the card base. The focal image was popped up with dimensionals.
- The Finishing Touch was adding Gold Metallic Enamel Shapes to the flowers.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Perennial Birthday
- Paper: Painted with Love Specialty DSP, Gold Foil Sheets, Fresh Fig, Melon Mambo
- Ink: Melon Mambo, Garden Green, Fresh Fig
- SU Tools: Layering Circle Framelits, Quilt Top TIEF, Stampin’ Markers: Melon Mambo, Garden Green; Non-SU: stitched banners, Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pens
- Finishing Touch: Rich Razzleberry 1/4″ Stitched-Edge Ribbon, Fresh Fig 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon, Gold Metallic Enamel Shapes
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Die Cuttin’ Diva’s Challenge Blog: Anything Goes
- Cuttlebug Mania: Birthday
- Craftaholics R Us: Scallops
- Projects can be anything paper-crafting-related– a card, a tag, a scrapbook page, altered art, any paper crafted creation, as long as it fits the theme of the challenge. To be considered for the winner’s badge, the theme of the challenge must be prominent in your project.
- Post a link back to Cardz 4 Galz, and mention the challenge you have entered.
- Enter as many other challenges as you like.
- You may enter up to three entries per challenge.
- Please directly link your blog post and not just to your blog.
- Please turn off Word Verification. Instructions are in our tab bar above if you don’t know how, you will find instructions on the Tab Bar.
- If we are required to sign into any forum or group to comment, we will not do so. If we can view without signing in, you will be judged.
Thanks for coming to my blog today and hope you will leave me a comment! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products