There’s another challenge starting over at Cardz 4 Galz and I would love it if you play along because I am the host! The theme is “Buttons and/or Bows.” They just add that little touch that makes any card stand out, in my opinion. The Blossoming Basket stamp set just arrived so, of course, I had to use it right away. Such a perfect stamp for Spring, don’t you think? I had a wonderful time coloring it with Calypso Coral, Old Olive and a touch of Pool Party to pop it off the paper a bit. Curious? Here it is!
My Secrets to Making This Project
- Have you tried alcohol markers yet? The blending of colors is fantastic! I am definitely no expert with them but they add another dimension to coloring your stamped images. Stampin’ Blends come in all of your favorite Stampin’ Up colors, too!
- One more tip! Did you happen to notice the linen thread dangling from the button? I curled it! It was very easy to do. All you do is wet the linen thread with either water or alcohol and wrap it around a round something – I used a paint brush. Let it dry and you have a fun, curly linen thread!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Blossoming Basket, So Many Shells
- Paper: Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP, Wood Textures DSP Stack
- Ink: Memento Black, Early Espresso
- SU Tools/Kits: Lots of Labels Framelits, Bunch of Banners Framelits, Stampin’ Blends: Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Pool Party
- Finishing Touch: Whisper White 1/4″ Organza Ribbon, True Gentlemen Buttons, Linen Thread, Calypso Coral Thick Baker’s Twine
- Projects can be anything paper-crafting related as long as it fits the theme of the challenge.
- Post a link back to Cardz 4 Galz, and mention the challenge you have entered.
- Enter as many other challenges as you like.
- You may enter up to three entries per challenge.
- Please directly link your blog post and not just to your blog.
- Please turn off Word Verification.
- If we can view your project without signing into a forum, you will be judged but you may not receive a comment.
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products