It’s time for another Retro Rubber challenge and it’s your favorite – Anything Goes! How fun is that!! Use any “retro” stamp in your collection (older than a year) for any occasion, any style, in any colors you want! I wanted to use a stamp set that I hadn’t used yet – Fabulous Flora, which was a host stamp set from 2016 Annual Catalog. Then, I paired it with Background Bits, a host stamp set in the current 2017 Annual Catalog and Hello Friend, also in the 2017 Annual Catalog.
My Secrets to Make This Fabulous Flora Project
OK, I am not expert (in fact, this was my first attempt) but look at that fun background! Brusho is a brand new product for Stampin’ Up! but I think it’s here to stay a while. Brusho is watercolor ink crystals—Sprinkle them directly on water-washed paper and watch the colors burst! The package includes 5 pots, 1 each of 5 colors: Brilliant Red, Gamboge (orange), Moss Green, Prussian Blue, Yellow
The floral image was colored with ink and a Blender Pen. A second flower was colored again and fussy cut to give it some dimension. A touch with the Gold Wink of Stella Brush Pen was added on the leaves for some sparkle.
Here’s a great video showing you how to use Brusho beautifully!
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Fabulous Flora, Background Bits, Hello Friend
- Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Wisteria Wonder, Gold Foil Sheets, Watercolor Paper, Vellum
- Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz, non-SU: Gold Pigment Ink
- SU Tools: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Pinewood Planks TIEF, Brusho Crystal Colour, Wink of Stella Clear and Gold Brush Pens, Non-SU: Hello Die Cuts
- Finishing Touch:Pear Pizzazz 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon, Gold Faceted Gems, Gold Cording Trim
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, April 6th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products