It’s time for another fun challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments! We have a really fun photo inspiration for you. Which one inspires you?! That lovely basket of strawberries really grabbed my attention and I have never made something like that before. Why not try one now, I asked!? I pulled out Basket of Wishes, which didn’t make it into the new Annual Catalog. It’s such a sweet stamp set so I’m a little sad. But the news that Mint Macaron is back made me happy! For the sentiment, Sharing Sweet Thoughts Stamp Set had the perfect one for a basket of fresh strawberries, in my opinion. 😀
My Secrets to Making This Project
- When I was stamping the basket and strawberries, I first did the basket and then stamped the strawberries. It turned out okay but after I colored it and didn’t like the results, I stamped them both again. This time I did the strawberries first, then the basket. It really turned out better, I think! So, my secret is to start on the inside and work your way out for the best results. Give it a go!
- Coloring the strawberries, I used the light Pink Pirouette Stampin’ Blend, then dabbed the Light Cherry Cobbler at the tops of the strawberries, then blended with the Pink Pirouette. They look good enough to eat!
- The cute little copper bee was an embellishment on a delicious jar of honey! I just couldn’t throw it away so it has been sitting on my craft table for a few months. I was curious if I could tie it into the bow so it would hang down and think it worked well! Just add it at the very end of the bow before you tie it together, making sure that it’s facing the front of the bow. 😉
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Basket of Wishes (retiring), Sharing Sweet Thoughts (retiring)
- Paper: Share What You Love Specialty DSP (New!), Copper Foil Sheets, Tranquil Tide, Real Red
- Ink: Memento Black, Tranquil Tide
- SU Tools: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Squares Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Rose Garden Thinlits (retiring), Stampin’ Blends: Light Pink Pirouette, Light Cherry Cobbler, Ivory, Bronze, Light Smoky Slate, Light Old Olive
- Finishing Touch: Copper Metallic Thread, Brights Enamel Shapes (retiring), Mint Macaron Sheer Linen Ribbon (retired)
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- LAST CHANCE (Retiring) items can be found HERE
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products