Thank you to all of you who played with our last challenge! We always love seeing what you created. Now, on to the next challenge and you are going to love it! It’s time to make a vintage card. I think it’s totally appropriate since I’m feeling very nostalgic and just a little sad at so many favorites leaving the annual catalog. Butterfly Basics first came out in the 2015 Occasions Catalog and is one of those stamp sets that you just can’t go wrong with. The vintage challenge was just the way to bring out the beauty of all these wonderful stamps. It may be retiring but it won’t be leaving my stamp stash! If you are interested to purchase it, you only have till the end of May. There is a link at the bottom of this post to make it easy for you!
Even though I am saying goodbye to Butterfly Basics and lots of fantastic products (including Peekaboo Peach), we are also excited to bring some great new products. AND one of those is an old favorite, Mint Macaron! I couldn’t wait to dig through my retired stuff and dust it off! This is one of the benefits of keeping the items you truly love! 😀
My Secrets to Making This Project
- Vintage cards are so much fun to make and you really can’t do it wrong. Just think “layers.” Layers of ink, layers of paper, layers of embellishments. It’s all great! You can distress the edges of the paper, but I just inked them with a sponge on this card.
- Now, I tried something a little different to color this card. I put rubbing alcohol in my aqua painter and dipped it into Peekaboo Peach and Mint Macaron. Just be careful NOT to get the rubbing alcohol onto your ink pad. You can do this in a couple of ways: 1) Press ink into the top of the ink pad so that you could dip your brush into the thin layer of ink; 2) Place a drop of the ink refill onto a nonporous surface and dip your brush into that.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Butterfly Basics (retiring), Color Me Happy
- Paper: Mint Macaron, Sahara Sand
- Ink: Sahara Sand, Peekaboo Peach (retiring), Mint Macaron, VersaMark
- SU Tools: Layering Ovals Framelits, Butterflies Thinlits, Bitty Butterfly Punch, 3/4″ Circle Punch, Aqua Painters, non-SU: Cross-stitch Oval die cuts
- Finishing Touch: Sahara Sand Lace Trim, Peekaboo Peach Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon, Basic Pearls
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Please READ the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, May 4th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- LAST CHANCE (Retiring) items can be found HERE
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products