The Buttons and/or Bows Challenge over at Cardz 4 Galz is now over and the cards were so wonderful! I hope you will go take a look at how everyone used their buttons or bows. We are now on to our next challenge and it’s a fun one – Black + White + One Bright Color, hosted by Sian. This is a great challenge because black and white makes any color just pop off the paper. I chose Rich Razzleberry (my favorite of the purples) and decided to use Daisy Delight for a pretty CAS (for me!) Thank You card.
My Secrets to Making This Daisy Delight Project
- First, the daisy was stamped and punched out with the coordinating punch three times. I think the daisy looks prettiest when you stagger the layers and use dimensional adhesive between each one.
- Also, did you notice that the daisy petals were just slightly curled with a bone folder? It just gives them that sign of life – like a real flower.
- If you are anything like me, a plain white background just doesn’t look “finished” so I like to run the Whisper White cardstock through my Big Shot in an embossing folder. It adds texture, interest and enhances the focal image just right.
- The “amazing” die was cut twice, in black and Rich Razzleberry, glued together with Fine Tip Glue with the black offset just a smidge. This raises the sentiment off the background and adds some drama that will add some detail to the card without overpowering it.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Daisy Delight, Amazing You
- Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black
- Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Memento Black
- SU Tools: Petals & More Thinlits, Celebrate You Thinlits, Pinewood Plank Dynamic TIEF, Daisy Punch, 1/2″ Circle Punch
- Finishing Touch: Glitter Enamel Dots
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Penny Black & More: Black, White plus One
- Ellibelle’s Creative Moments: Say It with Flowers
- Craftaholics R Us: Purple
- Projects can be anything paper-crafting related as long as it fits the theme of the challenge.
- Post a link back to Cardz 4 Galz, and mention the challenge you have entered.
- Enter as many other challenges as you like.
- You may enter up to three entries per challenge.
- Please directly link your blog post and not just to your blog.
- Please turn off Word Verification.
- If we can view your project without signing into a forum, you will be judged but you may not receive a comment.
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- LAST CHANCE (Retiring) items can be found HERE
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products