First, I have to apologize to my loyal Stampin’ Up! followers, but I had to make a card that is primarily not SU products. I really don’t do that normally but this card was too important. My daughter has been obsessed by the Harry Potter series for years! She is turning 21 next month so the Cardz 4 Galz challenge starting today to make a mythical or fantasy card was perfect to get me working on it early. I hope you will look through your crafts and get inspired to play along, too!
My Secrets to Making This Harry Potter Project
- The new Merry Merlot is a great new color to the Stampin’ Up! color family! Pairing it with Daffodil Delight was perfect to represent Gryffindor!
- This card started with dies (made by Warner Bros. and ordered from Dies R Us) so it went together very easily. Daffodil Delight cardstock was embossed with the Book Print Impression Plate by Papertrey Ink. I love that subtle detail since this card is inspired by a book series!
- Hedwig, the owl, was cut then his eyes were colored with a Basic Black Write Marker. The broom was colored with the Bronze Stampin’ Blends alcohol marker.
- The moon was punched from Daffodil Delight cardstock with the 1″ Circle Punch.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Fairy Celebration
- Paper: Merry Merlot, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black
- Ink: Memento Black
- SU Tools: Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits, Circles Framelits, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch, Bronze Stampin’ Blend Alcohol Marker, Black Write Marker; Non-SU: Harry Potter dies, Book Print Impression Plate
- Finishing Touch: Black Rhinestones
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- LAST CHANCE (Retiring) items can be found HERE
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products