First, I have to apologize to my loyal Stampin’ Up! followers, but I had to make a card that is primarily not SU products. I really don’t do that normally but this card was too important. My daughter has been obsessed by the Harry Potter series for years! She is turning 21 next month so the Cardz 4 Galz challenge starting today to make a mythical or fantasy card was perfect to get me working on it early. I hope you will look through your crafts and get inspired to play along, too!
My Secrets to Making This Harry Potter Project
- The new Merry Merlot is a great new color to the Stampin’ Up! color family! Pairing it with Daffodil Delight was perfect to represent Gryffindor!
- This card started with dies (made by Warner Bros. and ordered from Dies R Us) so it went together very easily. Daffodil Delight cardstock was embossed with the Book Print Impression Plate by Papertrey Ink. I love that subtle detail since this card is inspired by a book series!
- Hedwig, the owl, was cut then his eyes were colored with a Basic Black Write Marker. The broom was colored with the Bronze Stampin’ Blends alcohol marker.
- The moon was punched from Daffodil Delight cardstock with the 1″ Circle Punch.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Fairy Celebration
- Paper: Merry Merlot, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black
- Ink: Memento Black
- SU Tools: Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits, Circles Framelits, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch, Bronze Stampin’ Blend Alcohol Marker, Black Write Marker; Non-SU: Harry Potter dies, Book Print Impression Plate
- Finishing Touch: Black Rhinestones
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- LAST CHANCE (Retiring) items can be found HERE
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
- Save 10% on product bundles!
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products
This is a wonderful card for Sarah, Debbie! My sweet niece and I have a common passion in everything Harry Potter. Hedwig looks wonderful coming from Hogwartz. And, BTW, Hedwig is a female owl. I checked the first book just to make sure, LOL!! Love the parchment texture… cannot wait to get my hands on the Subtle folder that Stampin’ Up will release next week!! I would say off to pin but already done!!!!
OH WOW this is very cool Debbie! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Birds’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!
Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.
A delightful card with great colours. I have a grown up son and daughter-in-law who are HUGE Harry Potter fans and I know they would adore this card. It is quite wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our Things With Wings challenge. Happy Crafting!
FABULOUS! Everything about this card is fabulous- she will love it!!!!!
Fabulous – love the Hogwarts theme!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!
You are so right Debbie, this was a MUST MAKE! She will flip her lid. 🙂 I just love it and want to order these for my daughter too. LOL! So so fun. The other night we all googled “what HP house would you belong to” and enjoyed comparing each of our results. Fun times! Big hugs, Autumn
Wow! How cool! Your daughter will be blown away by this fabulous card! Thanks for joining our “Birds” challenge at Dies R Us!
LOL —–Hummingbirds and OWLS are my favorite birds and when I saw this just loved it—is beautiful—thanks for sharing.
Great card, Debbie. I too have a Harry Potter obsessed daughter so I appreciate it even more.
What a great card! Perfect colors and great design. Thanks so much for linking up to the Dies R Us “Bird” challenge. Best of luck to you!
Awesome card!!! Those detailed dies look absolutely fantastic ;o) ;o)Thank you for playing along with our “Things With Wings” challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a lovely day and happy crafting, Maike
Such an unusual card, thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge. Angela xXx