We have such a fun challenge for you at the Sisterhood of Crafters that’s starting today – Magical Fairy Garden (use a fairy, or anything magical like a unicorn, rainbow.. gnome,etc). This genre is not my wheelhouse so I hope you will be gentle in your comments but it sure was a fun card to make. Fairy Celebration is a sweet stamp set that I bought as soon as it came out but have only used it once before. This fairy card would be a great card for any female on your birthday list this month!
My Secrets to Making This Fairy Celebration Project
- There’s no real secrets to this card. I colored the focal image and then used the brand new Detailed Trio Punch to round the edges. A sponge was inked up in Pear Pizzazz, sponging all around the stamped image. The “twinkle” stamp was inked up in the same color and also stamped around the image. I inked up her wings with Daffodil Delight and accented with Gold Wink of Stella, then the entire wing with Clear Wink of Stella. Her skin is also inked up with Ivory but the photo can’t seem to pick these little details up very well. I hope you can see them better in the photo below.
- The background paper was a freebie during Sale-A-Bration and this is the first time I have really played with it. I colored each of the leaves with Old Olive, then sponged the entire panel with Soft Sky.
- The Gold Satin Ribbon was adhered with Fast Fuse and Glue Dots. Two leaves from Stylish Stems were cut and one was colored with Old Olive, adhered with glue dots and an enamel shapes placed on top.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Fairy Celebration
- Paper: Springtime Foils DSP, Gold Foil Sheets, Pear Pizzazz
- Ink: Memento Black, Pear Pizzazz
- SU Tools: Detailed Trio Punch, Stylish Stems Thinlits, Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits, Stampin’ Blends: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Ivory, Crumb Cake, Wink of Stella Clear, Wink of Stella Gold, Sponges
- Finishing Touch: Gold Satin Ribbon, Metallic Enamel Shapes
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenges: Flowers
- Always Happy Birthday Challenges: Anything Goes (Optional: Flowers)
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at the Sisterhood of Crafters then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- LAST CHANCE (Retiring) items can be found HERE
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products