It’s time for another challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. We have a really fun sketch for you this go round. We know you will love it! I am saying good-bye to some really wonderful stamp sets this month. One of my favorite things to do is to mix older stamps with new products. This gives them a new life, in my opinion. So, I chose two brand new colors, Grapefruit Grove and Color Me Clover, to make a card with Hello Friend, which will no longer be available after May 31. I really do like this set and will be keeping it around for a long time!
My Secrets to Making This Hello Friend Project
- This sketch was fun to work with and just my style! I chose Color Me Clover to start the stamping of the wreath – isn’t it a wonderful color!? Then, I layered it onto the same color of cardstock. This makes the wreath pop!
- Stamping on vellum is a great tip and the secret is to stamp your image, then GO TO BED! If you try to hurry the drying, you will be sorry!! Just leave it alone and work on it later. Some card masters have heat embossed it but I am never happy with the results. Since my motto is “easy”, my advice is best for everyone except those masters.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Hello Friend, Dragonfly Dreams, Flourishing Phrases
- Paper: Petal Passion DSP, Basic Black, Grapefruit Grove, Call Me Clover
- Ink: Call Me Clover, Memento Black, Stazon Black
- SU Tools: Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Layering Squares Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Duet Banner Punch, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch, Hexagons Dynamic Embossing Folder, Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends, Banners Framelits
- Finishing Touch: Metallic Foil Doilies, Metallic Gold Thread
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- LAST CHANCE (Retiring) items can be found HERE
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products