We have a pretty challenge for you over at the Sisterhood of Crafters that just started today! Marsha is the host of “Poppies for Memorial Day.” I haven’t let go of a retired Stampin’ Up! stamp set called Pleasant Poppies because I just love it. It was one of those sets that felt a little over my head at the time but knew that it could be beautiful if colored just right. My wait paid off! Using my Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils, I gave these poppies lots of pretty pastel color.
My Secrets to Making This Pleasant Poppies Project
- My first secret for this card was to stamp the image twice with Basic Black Archival Ink, so I could use my blender pens on the watercolor pencils. One image was used for the card base. The other was colored with the pencils till I was satisfied with each flower. Then, they were fussy cut. I rolled the back of each flower with the McGill Tool Set to give them dimension. After that, they were adhered to the coordinating flower on the card base with dimensionals.
- The grass was made by inking up the brush stroke stamp from Touches of Texture with three different green inks.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Pleasant Poppies, Wood Words, Touches of Texture
- Paper: Garden Green, Pear Pizzazz
- Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green, Basic Black Archival Ink
- SU Tools: 1 1/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, 1″ Circle Punch, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens
- Finishing Touch: Pear Pizzazz 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge: April Showers Bring May Flowers
- Stinkin’ Inkers Challenge: April Showers Bring May Flowers
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at the Sisterhood of Crafters then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- LAST CHANCE (Retiring) items can be found HERE
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products