It’s time for another great challenge at Retro Rubber, where we bring new life to our older, much-loved stamp collection. Watercolor Wings came out in the 2015-1016 Annual Catalog. It is definitely one of the best butterfly stamp sets that I have ever seen! Using it one last time (yep, Stampin’ Up! just retired it) with brand new designer paper brought me great joy! It won’t be leaving my stash because the stamp coordinates with the Bold Butterfly Framelit dies and I can’t let those go from my stash.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- When Watercolor Wings came out, it was love at first sight for me. What made this image so much easier to do this time was using the Stamparatus. I was able to use both sides of each of the hinged plates, making it a breeze to stamp perfectly the first time. This tool has revolutionized two step stamping! You will absolutely love this tool!!
- Speaking of tools, get that neglected bone folder out and curl the tips of the butterfly wings!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Watercolor Wings, Flying Home
- Paper: Garden Impressions 6″x6″ DSP, Night of Navy, So Saffron
- Ink: So Saffron, Smoky Slate, Night of Navy, Pear Pizzazz
- SU Tools: Bold Butterfly Thinlits, So Saffron Marker, Stamparatus
- Finishing Touch: Pearlized Doilies, Tinted Faceted Buttons, Glitter Enamel Dots, Leaves Trinkets, Basic Pearls
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Stamping Sensations: Close to Nature
- Crafty Cardmakers: Things with Wings
- Get Creative Challenge: Lots of Flowers
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog, then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Only one stamp needs to be older than a year. Don’t forget to tell us how long you have had the stamps you used.
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- LAST CHANCE (Retiring) items can be found HERE
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products