It’s time for another challenge over at Retro Rubber and it’s everyone’s favorite – Anything Goes! This is when you get to make anything you want or need using a stamp(s) over a year old and play along! As an example, my Bright Wishes stamp set just turned a year old but the sentiment was from A Dozen Thoughts, which came out with the 2013-2014 Annual Catalog. I love combining older stamps with new products so I used the designer paper called Share What You Love from Stampin’ Up!’s new annual catalog. If you don’t have a demonstrator and would like a copy of the new catalog, please contact me!
My Secrets to Making This Bright Wishes Project
- I experimented a bit by stamping the image with Black Stazon ink onto Glossy cardstock. This is a new product for me and really loved it. I did need to be careful with it using the alcohol markers, so make sure you let the image dry very well. The alcohol markers don’t blend with each other but the color just pops off the paper.
- I wanted the card have some dimension so I inked up another image and colored the plants, then fussy cut them out, adhering them with dimensionals to the card base.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Bright Wishes, A Dozen Thoughts
- Paper: Share What You Love Specialty DSP, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Glossy White Cardstock
- Ink: Stazon Ink, Old Olive
- SU Tools: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Stampin Blends: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Smoky Slate, Pool Party; Non-SU: Stitched Round Corner Rectangle Framelits
- Finishing Touch: Rich Razzleberry 1/4″ Velvet Ribbon, Old Olive 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon, Glitter Enamel Dots
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Only one stamp needs to be older than a year. Don’t forget to tell us how long you have had the stamps you used.
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products