We loved all of the cards in our last gallery over at Hand Stamped Sentiments and it’s time to move on to our next challenge. What do you see in this photo to inspire your next card?? Since I have been doing quite a large reorganization of my craft room, I found an old retired set that I wanted to use called From Land to Sea. I even had the framelits from Dies by Dave to coordinate with them. The background behind the lighthouse was made with stamps from High Tide, another wonderful stamp set and still available in the new Annual Catalog. Since my wonderful husband is absolutely crazy about anything related to the ocean, I chose the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes. It just retired and I didn’t use it nearly enough! SU did come out with another one, and some say it’s even better. What do you think??
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This card was lots of fun to make! I stamped the lighthouse and the background and cropped it with the Lots of Labels Framelits. Then, stamping the lighthouse again, I used the coordinating framelit to crop it and pop it up with dimensionals.
- My secret for the background layer was using retired By the Shore DSP, which was embossed with the Seaside embossing folder, then Pool Party ink pad was run across the raised area. I love how that turned out!
- I found some old Soft Sky bakers twine and pulled several strands out. Once I was satisfied, I rolled them into a loose ball before adhering them to the card base.
- To add a masculine feel to this nautical card, I sponged Sahara Sand to all of the elements.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: High Tide, From Land to Sea, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Paper: By the Shore DSP, Balmy Blue, Pool Party, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Balmy Blue, Pool Party, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand
- SU Tools: Lots of Labels Framelits, Seaside TIEF, Bunch of Banners Framelits; Non-SU: Dies by Dave
- Finishing Touch: Soft Sky Bakers Twine
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Artistic Stamper Creative Team Blog: Colour it Blue
- Card Mania Challenges: Nautical
- Cardz 4 Guyz: Father’s Day
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products