We are starting a brand new challenge over at Cardz 4 Galz and it’s all about being “Pretty & Pearly” and hosted by Helen. This was such a fun challenge for me! Know why?? Stampin’ Up! is celebrating their 30th Anniversary this year and the gem for that is Pearls! They are celebrating with products that have been “pearlized” – Designer Paper, Doilies, and colored pearls are all available now! I have used them on this card that also features one of the top sellers for the new catalog that just started on June 1st, Varied Vases. It comes with a coordinating punch that makes it possible to pop up those vases without fussy cutting. Love that!! The photo below is trying to capture the pearlization on the DSP and doily but you really have to see it in real life.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- In order to get the best definition on the vases, instead of using my ink pad, I used a dauber directly to the stamp.
- To get a good two-step stamped impression on the flowers on your first try, stamp the outline first, then fill the outline with the second stamp.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Varied Vases
- Paper: Share What You Love, Tranquil Tide, Mint Macaron
- Ink: Tranquil Tide, Mint Macaron, Lemon Lime Twist, Crumb Cake
- SU Tools: Stitched Labels Framelits, Vases Builder Punch, Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends; Non-SU: Stitched Rectangle Rounded Corner Dies
- Finishing Touch: Pearlized Doilies, Nature’s Twine, Share What You Love Artisan Pearls, Tranquil Tide 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products