Are you ready for a new challenge? Hand Stamped Sentiments has a wonderful photo inspiration for summer! I love these colors together, don’t you? I had a friend needing a birthday card for her mother who turned 90 years old. Since she lives in Florida, it just had to be a tropical card and these colors were perfect for her. Although Pop of Paradise just retired, it hasn’t left my stamp stash. Flamingos are wonderful and remind me of the years I lived in Florida many moons ago.
My Secrets to Making This Pop of Paradise Project
- I first had to find the right colors to use but inking the flamingos in Flirty Flamingo was kind of a no brainer LOL! Looking for a good designer paper for the tropical feel I wanted led me to Best Year Ever DSP (retired a few years ago), which fit the bill perfectly. Cutting the card base to make a card that was 5 1/2″ square, I then cut and adhered the Coastal Cabana as my first layer.
- The fun thinlit from Swirly Scribbles collection cut both the DSP as well as Soft Sky, then both were adhered to the card base.
- I inked the sentiment in Coastal Cabana and cut it with Oval framelit die. The numbers and flamingos were inked then cut out with coordinating dies and popped up on the card with dimensionals.
- To balance the card, I inked up the leaves in Coastal Cabana, then cropped them out and topped it with a pretty Flirty Flamingo flower adorned with a black rhinestone.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Pop of Paradise, Number of Years, Big On Birthdays
- Paper: Best Year Ever DSP, Flirty Flamingo, Coastal Cabana, Soft Sky
- Ink: Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo
- SU Tools: Large Numbers Framelits, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, Botanical Builder Framelits, Ovals Collections Framelits, Non-SU: Dies by Dave
- Finishing Touch: Black Rhinestones
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- LAST CHANCE (Retiring) items can be found HERE
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products