We have such a great new challenge for you over at Cardz 4 Galz. Tammy is hosting a “Food or Drink” challenge and we can’t wait to see what you make! My card can be for a wedding or birthday and was really quick and easy to make, using the Cake Soirée stamp set and coordinating Sweet Cake framelits.The new Stitched Layers framelit was perfect for the sentiment from Beautiful Bouquet inside the card.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- I love the monochrome colors in this card! The soft, bokeh pattern in this DSP was absolutely perfect for the look I was going for and adding the Copper foil layer and accents really gave it the shine for any special occasion.
- The solid Cake Soirée stamp was stamped onto WW cardstock, then the detailed stamp was stamped and heat embossed in copper embossing powder. Using my blender pen, I watercolored the flowers on the cake for another layer of Petal Pink color, then added Silver Wink of Stella ink to the leaves. Lastly, I sponged the edges of the cake after cutting it out with the coordinating framelit.
- Popping the cake up with dimensionals to be higher than the cake stand gave it a realistic look, in my opinion. As you probably know by now, my card mantra is “Just say no to flat cards!” 😀
- Did you notice that stunning laser-cut DSP? How easy it is to add that to any background! Adhesive was put on the outside border and in just a few places here and there on some of the leaves to keep it in place. So easy and a real WOW factor!
- I have to point out the copper vinyl stickers placed on the outside of the background laser-cut layer. So pretty!!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Cake Soirée, Beautiful Bouquet
- Paper: Petal Promenade DSP, Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty DSP, Copper Foil Sheets, Petal Pink
- Ink: Petal Pink, VersaMark
- SU Tools: Sweet Cake Framelits, Stitched All Around Framelits, Word Window Punch, Blender Pens
- Finishing Touch: Tea Room Ribbon Combo Pack, Copper Embossing Powder, Tea Room Copper Vinyl Stickers, Metallic Pearls, Wink of Stella Clear Brush Pen, Non-SU: Wink of Stella Silver Brush Pen
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Inkspirational Challenge: Word Prompt – Birthday
- My Time to Craft Challenge: Wedding/Anniversary/Engagement
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Use a Die and/or Punch
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products