We have a great sketch challenge for you over at Retro Rubber that will definitely inspire you. The design team had so much fun that you need to see their creations if you haven’t already. I am always needing birthday cards and love the beautiful font in the Happy Birthday, Everyone stamp set, which was a host stamp set in the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog. Then, using some very pretty dies and the brand new Garden Impressions designer paper, this card was done quite quickly. This new DSP is a must-have in my opinion and part of the fantastic Buy 3 Get 1 Free sale going on through July 31. I couldn’t resist inking up a brand new stamp set for the inside sentiment, Stitched All Around. It’s available soon and has coordinating framelits. What a fun bundle!
My Secrets to Making This Project
- I really wanted the DSP to take center stage on this card and think that was achieved. The best secret to this pretty card is using a sponge to place the liquid adhesive to the thin spaces of the paper on the thinlits. The liquid adhesive will allow you to move and manuever the pieces to get it exactly where you want it. It also keeps the glue from being so thick that it oozes out from under the piece, which will be seen even after it dries.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Happy Birthday, Everyone, Stitched All Around
- Paper: Garden Impressions 6×6 DSP, Mango Melody, Lovely Lipstick
- Ink: Mango Melody, Lovely Lipstick
- SU Tools: Decorative Ribbon Border Punch, Lakeside Framelits, Oh So Succulents Framelits, Non-SU: Makers Mart DOM-MAR17, Cross-Stitched Oval Dies
- Finishing Touch: Tinted Faceted Buttons, Basic Pearl Jewels
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Allsorts Challenge: Flowers All Over
- Alphabet Challenge: H is for Happy Birthday
- Penny Black & More Challenge: Things with Wings
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Only one stamp needs to be older than a year. Don’t forget to tell us how long you have had the stamps you used.
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products