It’s time for another challenge at Retro Rubber and it’s a photo inspiration theme. What do you see in this photo that inspires you? I was thinking about what to make when I walked into my daughter’s bedroom where she has a large art piece of a bike on her wall. It instantly reminded me of the small town parades I used to take my kids to watch where so many kids decorated their bikes and rode through the parade. There were all shapes and sizes but all were decked out in patriotic colors. That’s the memory that inspired my card today, using Bike Ride with its coordinating framelits. This bundle makes it possible to build your bike in any colors you want!
My Secrets to Making This Project
- I love the new blue in our color collection: Blueberry Bushel! The bike frame was inked, then the wheels were inked up in both colors. All were cropped out with the coordinating framelits.
- The Whisper White panel was cropped with Wonky Stitches die, then the pieces were adhered on top. The stamp set has the seat, handlebars and pedals but I didn’t realize that until I had already colored them with my red marker.
- The background DSP is from the retired Irresistibly Yours DSP, where you can add color to the various patterns then wipe it away from the embossed areas. It takes very little work and turns out beautifully. I’m so glad I stocked up!
- Make your word die cuts pop by cutting them out twice in coordinating colors!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Bike Ride
- Paper: Irresistibly Yours Specialty DSP (retired), Blueberry Bushel, Real Red
- Ink: Blueberry Bushel, Real Red
- SU Tools: Build a Bike Framelits, Sponge Brayer, Real Red Marker, Non-SU: Wonky Rectangle Framelits, Tim Holtz Word Dies
- Finishing Touch: Brights Enamel Shapes, Whisper White Baker’s Twine
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much-loved older stamps out and play along! Only one stamp needs to be older than a year. Don’t forget to tell us how long you have had the stamps you used.
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products