Happy Friday!! I hope you are having a great summer! Ours has been unseasonably hot and humid for Michigan. It’s also been very busy and flying by too fast as well. When it’s that busy, making a card that looks great but takes no time at all is the best! This card was just that easy so I thought you would like to see it. This card reminds me of our wonderful trip to Turkey which is one of the best reasons that I love the Lift Me Up stamp set. My kids went up in a hot air balloon at sunrise in Cappadocia for a once in a lifetime adventure. This stamp set and its coordinating framelits are still available in the annual catalog.
My Secrets to Making This Lift Me Up Project
- I always have a color scheme in mind when starting my cards and those colors will almost always appear twice to keep the color balance.
- When paper piecing, use a liquid adhesive so you can move the pieces until they are just right.
- The balloons were curled with the McGill Tool Kit to round the edges a bit then adhered to the card base with dimensionals.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Lift Me Up
- Paper: Tranquil Textures DSP, Real Red, Mango Melody, Blueberry Bushel
- Ink: Real Red, Blueberry Bushel
- SU Tools: Up & Away Thinlits, Celebrate You Thinlits, Subtle Dynamic TIEF; Non-US: McGill Tool Kit
- Finishing Touch: Not this time!
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
- Dies R Us Challenge: Birthday
- Always Happy Birthday Challenge
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products