We had a wonderful time looking at all of your Summer Sunny Days creations over at Cardz 4 Galz in our last challenge! I know you are going to enjoy our next one as well, “For a Little Girl” chosen by Wendy. I don’t have any little girls anymore but I am frequently needing baby cards. Baby girl cards are so much fun to make! A Little Wild stamp set came out in the Occasions Catalog and has coordinating framelits. The wonderfully creative part of this stamp set is that the images have a front and back and the framelits cut them both out together so they make adorable tags. I thought it would be great to use it for a Card in a Box card since you can see all sides of the stamped images. The back of the tags hide the window sheet used to hold them up.
My Secrets to Making This A Little Wild Project
- I have had the Sizzix Die that cuts out the box for a long time but this is the first time using it. I cut the Twinkle Twinkle DSP into two 6″x6″ pieces and cut out the box. So easy!! If you would like to make one, click HERE for a SplitcoastStampers tutorial to make a similar one.
- I stamped the animal images, colored them with Stampin’ Blends and cut them out. Before adhering them together, I added a small strip of Window Sheet that was 1/2″ x 3″ in between the two sides with adhesive, then closed both pieces together.
- After adhering them to the box, I decided that some balloons would add some festivity to the happy occasion. I punched them in twos with the coordinating DSP, added more window sheets and adhered them together as well with a small length of baker’s twine. A little bow to each balloon was that little touch that made them so sweet!
- I stamped the sentiments and cropped them out and added them to the card, giving them a little color with Blushing Bride Enamel Shapes.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: A Little Wild, Baby Bear, Baby, We’ve Grown
- Paper: Twinkle Twinkle DSP, Window Sheets
- Ink: Memento Black
- SU Tools: Balloon Bouquet Punch, Stampin’ Blends: Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate, Pink Pirouette, Pumpkin Pie, Tags & Labels Framelits, Non-SU: A2 Flower Basket Card in a Box Sizzix Bigz Die
- Finishing Touch: Blushing Bride Stitched Satin Ribbon, Subtles Enamel Shapes, Whisper White Baker’s Twine
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Allsorts: Baby Animals
- Two Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: #16 Anything Goes with a Critter
- Sweet Stampers Challenge: Animals
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products