We have a great new challenge for you to play over at Hand Stamped Sentiments. It’s a really great sketch, so I know you will love playing along with us. I just bought this Block Party thinlit so breaking it out for this sketch was perfect! Share What You Love Specialty designer paper is beautiful and card stock weight, making it able to stand up on its own. Yay!! I also hadn’t used the Love What You Do stamp set in a while and thought the flower would be a wonderful focal point – not too fussy – so you can see all of the other details of this card.
My Secrets to Making This Love What You Do Project
- First, the card base: I cut the DSP to 4 1/2″x6″ then used the die to cut out the word HELLO. I cut out the HELLO in So Saffron because it would be easier to read and stand out against the background. I trimmed it to have a 1/4″ border on the top and bottom, and adhered it with liuid adhesive to get it just right on the DSP. Pear Pizzazz was cut to the same size for the back panel, then I scored the DSP at 1/4″ and used Fast Fuse adhesive to put the two panels together. Done!
- The flower stamp was inked in Memento Black ink onto a stitched oval WW cardstock that I had in my stash. I first colored the flower in Flirty Flamingo but decided it is a little too pink for the DSP so colored them again with Daffodil Delight, which turned them into the perfect color I was wanting. Once I was satisfied, I backed with Pear Pizzazz Layered Oval shape that was also in my stash. (Two down and a hundred more to go!)
- The sentiment from Lilypad Lake was inked in Pear Pizzazz and cut with the framelit from Petals & More.
- The floral thinlit from Petals & More was cut twice and one was colored with the same colors as the flowers. Two of the leafy branches were cut in Pear Pizzazz. The Grapefruit Grove 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon was a great color to bring them all together.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Love What You Do, Lilypad Lake
- Paper: Share What You Love Specialty DSP, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron
- Ink: Memento Black, Pear Pizzazz
- SU Tools: Petals & More Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Stampin’ Blends: Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive; Non-SU: Block Party Hello Die by Taylored Expressions
- Finishing Touch: Grapefruit Grove 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon, Pearlized Doilies, Subtles Enamel Shapes
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products