It’s time for a new challenge at Sisterhood of Crafters and this one is sure to get you into your craft room to play! Gwen is our talented host who chose “Bloomin’ Flowers.” My card was lots of fun to make, using both the Jar of Love and Beautiful Bouquet stamp sets with their coordinating framelits. Fun and easy!!
My Secrets to Making This Jar of Love Project
- After stamping the jar onto Whisper White cardstock, I cut out the jar framelit on a post-it note so that I could mask the jar. Then, I stamped the leaves stamps where I wanted along the top of the jar. You don’t have to mask it off, but I wanted to give it a go and really like how it turned out.
- On to the flowers, I chose the flowers from Jar of Love and found the colors I wanted. Some of the flowers were stamped after stamping off to get a variation of colors. The flowers were then cropped out with the coordinating framelits.
- The water stamp was used to “fill” the bottom of the jar, and the burlap and twine stamps were stamped and trimmed down to fit the jar.
- The Whisper White cardstock and DSP were cut with stitched framelits. The Calypso Coral background layer was embossed and adhered to the So Saffron card base.
- I found a piece of Calypso Coral Shimmer Ribbon in my stash so it was stapled to the Whisper White cardstock, then two flowers from the Springtime Impressions Thinlits, cut in So Saffron, covered the staple. The little bee was stamped, colored in with So Saffron and Clear Wink of Stella before cutting it out with the coordinating framelit.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Beautiful Bouquet, Jar of Love
- Paper: Garden Impressions 6×6 DSP, So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Tranquil Tide
- Ink: Mango Melody, Calypso Coral, Tranquil Tide, Mint Macaron, Pear Pizzazz, Sahara Sand, Bashful Blue
- SU Tools: Everyday Jars Framelits, Oval Punch, Scalloped Oval Punch, Springtime Impressions Thinlits, Wink of Stella Clear Brush Marker, Non-SU: Rounded Corner Stitched Rectangle Dies, Scallop Embossing Folder
- Finishing Touch: Subtles Enamel Shapes, Calypso Coral Shimmer Ribbon, Delicate Doily
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at the Sisterhood of Crafters then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products