We have a fun new challenge for you at Cardz 4 Galz but, first, I have to say a very heartfelt “Thank You!!” to everyone who participated in my dies/punch challenge that just ended. You all are so talented! I am in awe of each and every one of you and learned so much. Now, the challenge is “Beautiful Backgrounds” – make your own background (no designer paper allowed), hosted by Sian. I had so many great ideas on how to do this challenge, but as soon as I thought about the stencils I am always neglecting, my card was born! The two Layered Dahlia Stencils are from Altenew – one on top of the other. Once the background was made, I used the wonderful stamp from Detailed with Love for the focal image and a sweet “Miss You” die from Impression Obsession.
My Secrets to Making This Detailed with Love Project
- Oh, how much fun this card was to make! I really enjoyed this stencil!! Taping the Whisper White cardstock down to my craft board, I then taped the background stencil and sponged with a stipple brush in Mint Macaron. Then, removing that stencil after I was satified, the second stencil was taped down and sponged with Bermuda Bay.
- The rest of the card was easy! The Bermuda Bay pieces were found in my “cut” stash – Yay! I ran the tag through the Subtle embossing folder (quickly becoming my go-to for just that tiny touch of texture).
- Stamping the sentiment in Mint Macaron, I then layered it onto the Bermuda Bay oval and adhered that to the Whisper White scallop oval.
- The “miss you” was cut twice – once in Silver Foil and another in Whisper White. I really like die cut words to be layered!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Detailed with Love
- Paper: Bermuda Bay, Silver Foil Sheets, Whisper White, Whisper White Thick
- Ink: Bermuda Bay, Mint Macaron
- SU Tools: Layering Ovals Framelits, Subtles TIEF, Angled Tag Topper Punch
- Non-SU Tools: Altenew Layered Dahlia Stencil A & B, Impression Obsession Miss You die
- Finishing Touch: Silver Mini Sequin Trim, Mint Macaron Sheer Linen Ribbon, Leaves Trinkets, Basic Rhinestones
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products