I want to thank all of the fantastic crafters who played along with my Summer Vacation challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters. You all made it so incredibly hard to make the Top Sisters choices! Now, we are on to our next challenge, hosted by Sistah Vickie. Her very creative theme is to use a “Printed Page Background.” I chose to make a vintage card, using some retired designer paper from a few years ago, a brand new thinlit and the Banners for You stamp set with coordinating framelit. The newest butterfly in the Annual Catalog (Springtime Impressions Thinlits) is gorgeous and I wanted to make it my focal point. The rest of the card was picking and choosing from my scrap pile and adding a little bling!
My Secrets to Making This Springtime Impressions Project
- This card is larger than some but I didn’t want the butterfly to look huge on an A2 card. So, I worked from the inside layers out.
- The butterfly was cut with the butterfly thinlit onto First Edition DSP. Then, it was lightly sponged all over with Calypso Coral ink. Because this DSP is pretty lightweight, I made a decision to cut the butterfly again onto black craft foam. (Note to self: no intricate dies with craft foam!) 😉 I had to take tweezers to clear the foam out of almost every single cut! In the end, it was worth it. Gluing the butterfly to the craft foam popped it up and gave it the structure it needed, but you can get the same effect by cutting it with multiple layers of cardstock as well.
- Can you see the grunge and flowers I stamped onto the designer paper? The grunge stamp from French Foliage makes the newsprint look older, adding to the vintage style. I also distressed and sponged the edges of the DSP.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Banners for You, Touches of Texture, French Foliage
- Paper: First Edition, Basic Black, Very Vanilla Thick CS
- Ink: Gray Granite, Calypso Coral
- SU Tools: Springtime Impressions Thinlits, Bunch of Banners Framelits, Lovely Floral TIEF, Starburst Punch, Stampin’ Distress Tool, Non-SU: Frame in Frame dies by Taylored Expressions, Black Craft Foam
- Finishing Touch: Black Rhinestones, Linen Thread, 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, Touches of Nature Elements
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- Always Fun Challenge: Let It Sparkle
- Crafter’s Castle: Anything Goes with optional twist of Elegant or Shabby Chic (I’m hoping the DT consider this card shabby chic! I never know how to define that term.)
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products