We are ready to start another challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments but first want to thank everyone who played along with our last sketch challenge. We loved all of the cards entered! Our next one is a color challenge and must admit that it was quite a challenge for me! In the end and a couple of “trash can cards” later, I CASE’d a card from the page 44 of the Annual Catalog and changed it up for a fun birthday card, using the Darling Label punch and stamp set. This is such a great kit and I’m so glad that I found a good challenge to use it. Look at what all you get (and includes a gorgeous reuseable tin!):
* Darling Label 6-piece photopolymer stamp set
* Clear stamp block
* Grapefruit Grove and Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Spots
* Darling Label Punch
* 8″ x 8″ x 3″ (20.3 x 20.3 x 7.6 cm) tin
My Secrets to Making This Darling Label Project
- I chose the papers first: the Night of Navy patterned paper from Twinkle Twinkle DSP, the Flirty Flamingo polka dot patterned paper from the retired 2016-2018 In Color DSP and paired them with Gorgeous Grape cardstock.
- To add some color, Gorgeous Grape cardstock, punched with the 2 1/2″ circle punch, was adhered to the back of the Pearlized Doily.
- The sentiment was stamped twice – once in Gorgeous Grape and again in Flirty Flamingo – then the Happy Birthday was cropped out and layered on top of the Gorgeous Grape sentiment. Then, they were punched out with the Darling Label Punch.
- The Flirty Flamingo patterned DSP was cut to 2″ then one end was made into a banner with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Balloons were punched and layered onto the card base.
- Ice cream image was stamped and cropped with the Broadway Birthday bundle.
- The finishing touch was adding sequins and a silver candle from Candle Embellishments.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Darling Label, Broadway Birthday
- Paper: Twinkle Twinkle DSP, 2016-2018 In Color DSP, Galvanized Metallic Paper, Night of Navy, Gorgeous Grape
- Ink: Night of Navy, Gorgeous Grape, Flirty Flamingo
- SU Tools: Darling Label Punch Box, Broadway Lights Framelits, Balloon Bouquet Punch, 2 1/2″ Circle Punch, Banner Triple Punch
- Finishing Touch: Pearlized Doilies, Candle Embellishments, Silver Metallic Thread, Metallic Sequin Assortment Embellishments
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products