Are you ready for a new challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters? Marsha is our host and has chosen “Fall is in the Air – what comes to mind when you think of Fall.” I love the Fall flowers and the beautiful foliage as it gets ready for the season. I think of county fairs and craft shows with lots of handmade items. It was with these in mind that I made this card and just love how it turned out! First Frost is a new stamp set in the Holiday Catalog. It is great for the holidays but I also think it will be used all year round.
My Secrets to Making This First Frost Project
- This 6″x6″ card started with embossing the background Very Vanilla cardstock in the new Tin Tile Dynamic embossing folder and lightly sponging over the embossed areas as well as the edges in Soft Suede ink.
- The beautiful flower from Healing Hugs was inked up with my Stampin’ Daubers in Grapefruit Grove, a color that is just wonderful for Autumn, don’t you think? After I fussy cut them out, I sponged the edges in the same color then again in Soft Suede.
- The foliage stamps from First Frost were all inked three times: once in Soft Suede, once in Tranquil Tide and lastly, a combination of the two colors. Once these were done, I cropped them out with their coordinating framelits.
- The sentiment from Calligraphy Essentials was stamped in Soft Suede and colored in the same color with my blender pen. Then, it was cropped out with the Stitched Seasons Framelit and the edges were sponged in Soft Suede.
- The Tin Tile background layer was adhered to Grapefruit Grove cardstock then added to the 6″ x 12″ Soft Suede card base.
- Tranquil Tide Velvet Ribbon was cut and adhered to the card base, then assembly of all of the parts and pieces began and completed. Love it!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: First Frost, Healing Hugs, Calligraphy Essentials
- Paper: Soft Suede 12×12 Cardstock, Grapefruit Grove, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Soft Suede, Grapefruit Grove, Tranquil Tide
- SU Tools: Stitched Seasons Framelits, Frosted Bouquet Framelits, Tin Tile TIEF, Blender Pens, Sponge
- Finishing Touch: Tranquil Tide 1/4″ Velvet Ribbon
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products