Are you ready for a new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz? Caz is our host and her theme is “What’s New? Tell/show us your latest technique or new purchase.” Mine is something that just arrived from my last Stampin’ Up! order. The stamp set is Floral Frames and has coordinating framelits.
My Secrets to Making This Floral Frames Project
- This card was quick and easy – my favorite! I could have stamped and then cropped with the framelits, but I wanted to see how they looked alone. LOVE it!
- I cropped Old Olive, Shaded Spruce and Whisper White cardstocks with the framelit. Then, the leaves were cropped out in Old Olive.
- Under the Mistletoe DSP is one of the paper packs in the Annual Catalog. Choosing a pattern, I cut it down to fit onto Copper Foil paper and adhered onto the Old Olive A6 card base.
- Shaded Spruce cardstock was cut to fit across the card, then adhered. Copper Metallic Thread was looped into a circle, then adhered. Copper Trim was cut and pulled apart, then adhered to the Shaded Spruce cardstock.
- Inking the sentiment with Shaded Spruce ink, I stamped it onto Whisper White then cropped with the stitched circle framelit, then layered it onto Copper Foil paper, which was also cut with a larger framelit from the Layering Circle Framelits. They were adhered together then popped up with dimensionals onto the Whisper White floral piece.
- The Shaded Spruce and Old Olive pieces were layered underneath the Whisper White at varying angles, then the leaves were tucked into place.
- I made a triple loop bow, then tied a long piece of copper trim around the middle so I could tie a couple of retired mini pinecone – just for fun!
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Floral Frames
- Paper: Under the Mistletoe, DSP, Old Olive, Shaded Spruce, Copper Foil Sheets
- Ink: Shaded Spruce
- SU Tools: Foliage Frames Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits
- Finishing Touch: Shaded Spruce Ribbon from Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack, 1/4″ Copper Trim, Copper Metallic Thread, Mini Pinecones
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products