We are ready for another challenge at Retro Rubber. It’s September so a photo inspiration with a School theme seemed pretty appropriate. Of course, this photo can inspire you in any way you choose – colors, sketch or even just an item you see. I wanted to use the colors but found stamps that worked well, also. The Bike Ride stamp set is just turning retro by our definition since it came out in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog. Varied Vases is a very popular new stamp set, which I used for its great sentiments as well as the vase and its coordinating punch. Swirly Frames is another brand new stamp set that I was excited to use, which you can see framing “Hello.”
My Secrets to Making This Project
- The various items on the table are from Bike Ride. I thought it would show how versatile this set really is! You don’t have to use them on the bike. It’s also the only set of books stamp I own! LOL
- I have been digging through my stash of precut shapes and found the rectangle that was already dry embossed with Pinewood Planks. It’s day had come! Then, I used a scrap of Wood Textures for the bottom of the panel.
- The pieces were easily stamped and cut with their coordinating framelits. Sentiments were stamped and cropped as well.
- I had just received the Frames Elements this week so I colored one with the Gold Wink of Stella brush and glued it to the card. The sentiment was then adhered above it.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Bike Ride, Varied Vases, Swirly Frames
- Paper: Wood Textures 6×6 DSP, Tranquil Tide, Early Espresso
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Tranquil Tide, Memento Black
- SU Tools: Build A Bike Framelits, Petals & More Thinlits, Pinewood Planks TIEF, Vases Builder Punch
- Finishing Touch: Frames Elements, Clear Wink of Stella Brush Pen, Gold Wink of Stella Brush Pen
I would like to submit my card to the following challenge. Please check them out and play along with me:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products