Are you ready for the next challenge for the Sisterhood of Crafters? I hope so! If you are as ready for some cooler Fall weather like I am, you will love this one. Our host, Diane, has chosen “Plaids” and the design team has made some great inspiration cards to get you started. Wishing You Well is a brand new stamp set in the new Holiday Catalog and it was way up on my list of Must-Haves – I love it! The very pretty image goes beautifully with the wonderful plaid paper in the Under the Mistletoe Designer Paper in the Annual Catalog.
My Secrets to Making This Wishing You Well Project
- This card is very straightforward and so much fun to make! Going with the colors in the DSP was my first decision.
- I ran the Night of Navy cardstock through my Big Shop in the Tufted embossing folder to add a little texture.
- Then, the bouquet was inked up in Crumb Cake and the bow layered on top in Night of Navy.
- The stamped image was then cropped in the Stitched Season Framelits.
- My favorite embellishment in the Holiday Catalog is the Braided Linen Trim and wanted to see if I could layer on top of it. I think it looks great behind the focal point, don’t you?
- The sentiment was stamped in Crumb Cake and cropped out with the Classic Label Punch. Then, Crumb Cake cardstock was punched with the same punch to layer behind the sentiment.
- Lastly, Natural Expressions Elements were placed around the focal point. The leaves around the flowers were colored with the Old Olive Stampin’ Blends marker.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Wishing You Well
- Paper: Under the Mistletoe DSP, Old Olive, Night of Navy
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Night of Navy
- SU Tools: Stitched Seasons Framelits, Classic Label Punch, Tufted TIEF, Old Olive Stampin’ Blends
- Finishing Touch: 3/16″ Braided Linen Trim, Natural Expressions Elements
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- City Crafter Challenge: Fall Colors
- Stamping Sensations Challenge: Something Beginning with B (Bouquet, Blue)
- Crafter’s Cafe: 3 of Something
Now, it’s your turn! Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at the Sisterhood of Crafters then get your favorite stamps out and play along! Please follow the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win.
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products