We have a new challenge at Retro Rubber! These Tic-Tac-Toe challenges are so much fun so I hope you will find an older stamp that hasn’t gotten any ink for a while and play along! My “three in a row” is the Ribbon, Flowers, Circles. Blended Bloom came out in the 2014-2015 Annual Catalog and is now retired. I really loved this stamp when it came out but wasn’t confident enough with my coloring to play with it enough. I love the large bloom and wanted to color it with my new Stampin’ Blends. The sentiment is from Beautiful Bouquet, which is a great stamp set with lots of great images and sentiments. It came out last year, has coordinating framelits and is still available for purchase in the current catalog.
My Secrets to Making This Blended Bloom Project
- The Blended Bloom image was so much fun to color with Stampin’ Blends! I brought out the new Cajun Craze alcohol markers, highlighted with Pumpkin Pie, then used the new Basic Black lightly on the center.
- Once the coloring was done, I layered the panel onto Gold Foil paper and adhered it to the Cajun Craze card base.
- The sentiment was inked up in Cajun Craze, cropped out with the Layering Oval Framelits and layered onto a banner of gold foil.
- To fulfill the “circles” requirement, I found some Cajun Craze polka dot DSP, cut it into a banner and layered fold natural trim, gold mini sequin trim and leaves cut in gold foil from the Stitched Seasons Framelits. Once everything was attached to the card base, I added Metallic Pearls and a black Faceted Gem.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Blended Bloom, Beautiful Bouquet
- Paper: Regals DSP Stack (retired), Cajun Craze, Gold Foil Sheets
- Ink: Memento Black, Cajun Craze
- SU Tools: Stitched Seasons Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Banner Triple Punch, Stampin’ Blends: Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
- Finishing Touch: Gold Natural Trim, Gold Mini Sequin Trim, Metallic Pearls, Faceted Dots
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products