We have a “Cute Spooks” challenge for you at the Sisterhood of Crafters. Terri is our host and she wants you to make any card related to Halloween. It will be here before you know it, so get out your Halloween stamps and play along with us! I don’t have much in the way of Halloween stamps and the word “cute” made me think of my Cat Punch, which it did have a coordinating Halloween stamp (which I ended up not using). In the final card, though, the kitty is punched from Silver foil paper. The sentiment stamp is from any oldie that I have kept, Among the Branches. I thought it would make a cute moon!
My Secrets to Making This Among the Branches Project
- The size of this card is due to the oval from Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cute Specialty DSP. That determined the size of the silver foil layer as well as the card base. Sometimes it works well to start from the inside out!
- There’s a patterned paper that is the same size as the oval piece, which is from Twinkle Twinkle DSP. I loved the stars and really thought it worked well for this card.
- The ribbons and punched leaves were adhered down at the bottom of the oval where I wanted the kitty, great use of scraps there! Then, the kitty was popped up on dimensionals over them.
- The Finishing Touch was to use a few sequins. Don’t you love that star?
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Among the Branches, Holiday Home
- Paper: Twinkle Twinkle DSP, Garden Impressions 6×6 DSP, Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty DSP, So Saffron, Silver Foil Sheets
- Ink: So Saffron, Memento Black
- SU Tools: Cat Punch, Lemon Builder Punch, Leaf Punch, 2″ Circle Punch
- Finishing Touch: Night of Navy Gingham Ribbon, Silver Natural Trim, Metallics Sequin Embellishments
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with a Critter
- Animal Friends Challenge: Autumn/Halloween
- Make My Monday Challenge: Animals
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products