Can you believe it’s time for another Stinkin’ Inkers challenge? Where did September go? We sure had some wonderful projects in our gallery so I hope you had a chance to look at all of them. Our October challenge is “The Eyes Have It – Use eyes on your project” and it will surely get your creativity going! The design team has outdone themselves with their cards. Please go take a look, then head right over to your craft room and get started on your own idea! My card was inspired by an old (and retired) stamp set that coordinates with our jar framelits. I don’t think I really used this stamp set before but love the cute/spooky images.
My Secrets to Making This Jar of Haunts Project
- Digging through my stash of stamps and papers, I came up with the perfect combination – Jar of Haunts with the Halloween Night Specialty DSP, both retired but great for the challenge.
- Stamping the images with Memento Black ink, I then colored them with Stampin’ Blends. The pumpkin was fussy cut and the jar was cropped with the stitched seasons framelit.
- It doesn’t show up well in the photos, but I really like how the black faceted gems look, especially the one on the spider’s body.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Jar of Haunts, Spooky Cat
- Paper: Halloween Night Specialty DSP (retired), Call Me Clover, Basic Gray
- Ink: Memento Black
- SU Tools: Stitched Seasons Framelits, Washi Punch, Stampin’ Blends: Pumpkin Pie, Call Me Clover, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate, Bronze
- Finishing Touch: Call Me Clover 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon, Faceted Dots
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products