I am very happy to be the host for the new Alphabet Challenge, which is “O is for Owl.” I have quite a few owl stamps because I love them so much, but I couldn’t resist using this brand new one that came out in the Holiday Catalog, called Still Night. It also has coordinating thinlits that are just wonderful! I had a great time coloring him with Stampin’ Blends and the rest of the card was quick and easy.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- The owl was colored with a few different Stampin’ Blends, then I added more depth with watercolor pencils.
- The branch was cut from Very Vanilla, then distressed with Crumb Cake and lightly sponged with Memento Black on the ends.
- Wood Textures DSP was run through the Big Shot in the Woodland embossing folder, then I lightly rubbed the Memento Black ink pad across it to show more definition of the details.
- I cut the bottom sentiment in the Sizzix Planks Bigz Die, then stamped the sentiment. The Pinewood Planks embossing folder was used to add texture to the sentiment, then it was distressed with ink along the edges and very lightly across the middle.
Quick List of Stampin’ Up! Products
- Stamp Sets: Still Night, Accented Blooms
- Paper: Wood Textures 6×6 DSP, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Memento Black, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow
- SU Tools: Night Owl Thinlits, Pinewood Planks TIEF, Woodland TIEF, Tailored Tag Punch, 2 1/2″ Circle Punch, Watercolor Pencils, Stampin’ Blends: Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Bronze, Ivory; Non-SU: Sizzix Planks Bigz Die
- Finishing Touch: Linen Thread
I would like to submit my card to the following challenges. Please check them out and play along with me:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
When placing an order, don’t forget that:
- You can earn FREE products with my SS Rewards, even during Sale-A-Bration.
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DIY List of Stampin’ Up! Products