It’s time for another photo inspiration challenge at Retro Rubber. With a very heavy heart, I am announcing that this is my last card as a Design Team member. I really love this challenge but life is taking me in other directions right now. I wish the wonderful design team great success! I’m sure our paths will cross again in the future. This card came together very quickly once I decided the best way to color the wreath from Full of Blessings, a stamp set that came out in the 2012 SU Holiday Catalog. The sentiment is from a great holiday set called Suite Seasons, which came out in the 2016 Holiday Catalog.
My Secrets to Making This Suite Seasons Project
- The wreath stamp is so pretty and had never been inked up before so I thought it was a great time to do so. To keep it simple, I first tried to use my aqua painter to pull the color from the stamped image but it was just too wet. If you are better with an aqua painter, please try this technique! I tried it on Whisper White as well as watercolor paper and just didn’t like the results. Finally, I tried it with my blender pen and felt that was the look I was going for.
- After I was satisfied with the wreath, I ever so gently took my Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers in Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight and colored the little pumpkins to add just a light touch of color. Done!
- The leaves were cropped in Crushed Curry with the Big Shot and distressed with Pumpkin Pie and Soft Suede inks.
Stampin’ Up! Product List
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Dies R Us Challenge: Anything Fall
- Use Your Stuff Challenge:Mood Board Challenge
- Moo-Mania Challenge: Autumn
Before You Go!
Do you LOVE a Sale? Help Stampin’ Up! celebrate their 30th Birthday and SAVE! Here are the stamp sets that are discounted 15% TODAY ONLY! Click on the links to start saving now! (Discounts will be shown in your shopping cart)
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use this month’s Host Code CCNWNNZP when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!