We are starting a new challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments with a fun Mood Board. I am absolutely positive that there’s an image here that will spark your creativity! As soon as I saw those pretty birds, I knew that I would be inking up Best Birds, my all-time favorite bird stamp set. It is absolutely perfect for all us bird loving stampers and has coordinating thinlits with even more birds. The sentiments are for many different occasions in a beautiful font. Love it!!
My Secrets to Making This Best Birds Project
- This card was so much fun to make and came together quite quickly. The size is A6 (my current favorite at 4 1/2″ x 6 1/4″). After choosing the bird image to stamp, I inked it up in Memento Black ink and started coloring it with my Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blends, and adding a few little dabs of Pumpkin Pie and Smoky Slate as well.
- Then I inked up the holly and berries from Blended Seasons stamp set and colored it with the same colors of Stampin’ Blends.
- I headed over to my Big Shot station and cut out the bird with the coordinating thinlit and the swirl from Birds & Blooms Thinlits with Call Me Clover cardstock.
- The Whisper White cardstock was cut to size for the background panel and dry embossed with the Pine Bough TIEF, then the sentiment from Blended Seasons was inked in Call Me Clover at the bottom.
- The Holly image was cut to 1″ and cropped with the Banner Triple Punch.
- A little bling goes a long way! Sequins topped with Faceted Dots as well as some Wink of Stella on the pine boughs are a subtle but great touch!!
Stampin’ Up! Product List
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with a Critter
- Animal Friends Challenge: Winter
- Sweet Stampers Challenge: Christmas
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 4ZWBWAHA when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!