We have a great challenge for you at the Alphabet Challenge! Lesley is our host and has chosen “Quad” Cards. If you need an interpretation for that term, (it really just means 4 of anything), you can see all of the wonderful inspiration cards over there. I thought of another “Q” – Quilts! My cards for you today show the Quilted Stack and Cut technique to make cards that are so much fun and really quite easy.
My Secrets to Making These Happy Birthday Projects
- I have made these Quilt Stack and Cut cards before – a Wreath card HERE and Holiday cards HERE . This time the cards are for birthdays so you can make a bunch and have them ready to go whenever you need them.
- These cards have different dimensions than the A2 cards made previously. The first two above have the following dimensions:
- Card Base: 6 1/4″ x 9″ Cardstock, scored at 4 1/2″.
- Cardstock Layer: 4 1/4″ x 6″. Secret: I find it much easier to adhere the DSP to the cardstock and then cut 😉
- DSP: Take the coordinating DSP that you want to use and cut to 4″ x 5 3/4″. Then, cut them again into quarters. Mine were cut at the 2 1/2″ mark on the 4″ side and 4″ on the other. Secret: You can also cut them at angles asymmetrically (such as “hills and valleys”) – just cut them together so they will all be the same. Make sure that the side of the DSP you want to use is on top before you cut!
- The Black & Gold Card is basically the same except the card base is larger: 7″ x 10″ and scored at 5″. Then, a layer of Whisper White was added before the panel was adhered.
- Once you have your DSP cut, start playing with them and mix ’em up. Don’t forget DSP has TWO sides!
- After you’re satisfied and have adhered them onto the cardstock layer, start the fun part – add your sentiments, embellishments, etc.
Non-SU: Spellbinders Majestic Oval Nestabilities Die
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 4ZWBWAHA when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!