It’s time to make a “Winter Wonderland” card for Stinkin’ Inkers‘ last challenge of 2018. This card is something I don’t do much but I really enjoyed making it – inky fingers and all! Spirited Snowmen is one of the cutest new stamp sets – I just love snowmen, don’t you?
My Secrets to Making This Spirited Snowmen Project
- Making this winter wonderland scene was fun and quite easy. I used my Stamparatus to stamp the background trees twice across the Whisper White cardstock and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
- After the embossing powder was completely cool, I began to add Blueberry Bushel and Merry Merlot inks lightly with my sponges over the piece of cardstock. Once the inks were well blended, I took a clean sponge and really rubbed across the embossed trees to take off all of the ink that had accumulated on them. It really brought out their sparkle!
- The snowmen image was stamped and colored with Stampin’ Blends and watercolor pencils, then fussy cut.
- I decided to try out the brand new White Velvet paper sheets to make the snow banks and liked them so much that I also used it to make the trees in the foreground from In the Woods Thinlits. The second photo does a pretty good job showing the texture it gives.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 9NYYPG4V when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!