Wow, Sistah followers, you all really ROCKED my “Stitched Dies” challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters! AH-MAZ-ING!!! Thank you so much for playing and please know that we loved looking at all of them! Now, we are on to the next – and last – challenge of 2018. Vickie is our host for the “Create a Winter Scene” challenge. I had just seen my first U Fold card a couple of weeks ago and was itching to try one. Once I made the card base, it seems perfect for the great Farmhouse Christmas stamp set. Of course – you know me – why use one stamp set when you can use four! I added the tree from Winter Woods (I love tree stamps!), a sentiment from Snow is Glistening and the little bird from Enjoy Life.
BIG NEWS! We have a new “Sistah” on the design team, Katy McGloin, and not only is she a sister on the design team, she’s also my sister IRL! I hope you will go visit her blog, Just Fun Stamping, because her talent in papercrafting is amazing and her cards as well as 3D creations are very inspiring!
My Secrets to Making This Farmhouse Christmas Project
- Farmhouse Christmas is very on trend, you cannot deny that! Everywhere I go, I see red pickup trucks with a Christmas tree in the back. Here are just a couple of photos I took when it started to dawn on me:
- The U Fold card base is VERY simple! Mine is a 5″ x 8″ then scored at 1.25″ and 2 1/2″ from both ends of the 8″ side. The piece that goes over the front is whatever width you want and cut to 5″. Once you decorate the panels, simply add liquid glue (or whatever your favorite adhesive is) and attach to the end flaps. EASY!
- The retired Candy Cane Lane DSP was perfect for the snowy scene I wanted for the tree background. I cut the DSP (4.75″x4.75″), stamped the tree onto both sides, then trimmed it to fit the inside panels. The center tree was stamped onto WW thick cardstock and cut with its coordinating framelit. I distressed the edges with Mossy Meadow and popped it up with dimensionals.
- The other trees from Farmhouse Christmas were stamped and colored with Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends, then the truck was colored with Real Red and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. After finishing, I cut them all with their coordinating framelit dies.
- Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Snow is Glistening to WW thick cardstock that was cut to 3″x5″. It was cut with a stitched edgelit die, then adhered together and onto the card base. Once ready, the two trees were attached to the card and the truck was adhered with dimensionals.
Non-SU: Gina Marie Designs stitched dies
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge: T’is the Season
- Pile It On Challenge: Shaped Cards
- Penny Black & More Challenge: Traditional Christmas Colors
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Warm Winter Wishes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 9NYYPG4V when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!