We are ready for another challenge over at the Alphabet Challenge. Our prompt was “S is for Seasons Greetings.” I wanted to use a stamp set that is in the Annual Catalog, Snowflake Sentiments, with the new Snow is Glistening promotional bundle. I absolutely love large sentiments and Snowflake Sentiments have three! In addition, it has two sentiments that are perfect for the inside of your card, a To: and From:, three snowflakes, and a flourish. That is everything you need for fun and fast holiday cards this season!
My Secrets to Making This Project
- Using the Hinge Method on my Stamparatus, I very quickly added the snowflakes at the top edge of my background cardstock. Done!
- I took a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, tore it in half to make the snow banks (sorry, they don’t show up too well in the photos!) I sponged a light amount of Sahara Sand onto the torn edges for some definition.
- The tree stamp was inked up and then trimmed as close to the stamped image as possible.
- The sentiment was inked and cropped then layered onto Tranquil Tide cardstock.
- Lastly, the snowflakes were cut from Copper Foil paper. To keep the foil from getting marked up (my Big Shot plates are well used!), I cover the foil with wax paper. Works great!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Aud Sentiments Challenge: Anything Goes + a Sentiment
- The Male Room Challenge: Celebrate
- Inspire.Create.Challenge: Anything Goes Sketch Challenge
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 9NYYPG4V when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!